It is a fact that most of us spend the majority of our time in work. We regularly help employees to resolve difficult workplace situations in a sensitive manner because we understand that the protection of reputations and future financial security are paramount.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide robust, pragmatic and sensible advice that is focused on achieving the outcome that you want.
In particular, we regularly advise senior executives working in the private and public sectors, including medical, academic and civil service employees on all employment related matters some of which are listed below.
- Executive severance – we regularly negotiate terms of severance for senior executive including share options, LTIPS, bonuses and equity.
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment – if you feel you have suffered discrimination in the workplace or are a victim of bullying we can help you bring these issues to the attention of your employer with a view to finding an appropriate resolution.
- Settlement Agreements – we can assist you to negotiate and conclude a settlement agreement to leave your employment amicably which best protects your reputation, your immediate financial security and future employment prospects.
- Unfair dismissal (including constructive unfair dismissal) – if you believe you may at risk of dismissal or have already been dismissed we can help you to understand the processes being applied to you and to challenge the fairness of those processes where appropriate.
- Restrictive covenants – we regularly advise on the scope of post termination covenants in contracts of employment and, where necessary, can help you challenge enforcement action by your employer.
- Family friendly rights – a healthy balance between work and family life is recognised and supported by current legislation - whether you have a concern about your rights to part time working or what to expect on return from maternity leave we can help.
- Employment contracts - the contract of employment is a key document and governs what is expected of both you and the company throughout your employment relationship – we provide advice on wording and interpretation of the contract to make sure that you are getting the best out of that relationship.
- Whistleblowing – we can provide advice on how to bring wrongdoing to the attention of the appropriate person or body and retain the protection of the law or where you have already raised a concern and been penalised for that disclosure, we can help you to challenge your employer.
- Employment tribunal claims – where the employment relationship breaks down and you want to bring a claim against your employer we can guide you through the employment tribunal process in a cost-effective way.
Pick up the phone, send us an email or complete our Online Enquiry Form and one of our specialist employment solicitors will be happy to help.